What a nice treat to get in yesterday's mail! A few weeks ago one of my favorite authors posted a recipe from this cookbook and asked you to tag who you would invite to dinner. If selected, you would win a copy of the cookbook. I was so pleased to learn that my response was chosen. I sent my address to the email listed and then...as life got busy...forgot about it. Yesterday this wonderful treat arrived in the mail. Close enough to my birthday to consider it a birthday gift! Wrapped in pretty tissue and string...with a cute note...
and autographed, too! I am thrilled for several reasons:
- I adore all of Adriana Trigiani's books and love the way she writes
- Was thrilled to get to meet her when she was the featured author at the Library Author Luncheon last year. She could not have been nicer!
- I love to cook, and when we moved and downsized last year I gave away many of my cookbooks because I just did not have room for them. I am now on my building library committee ( if you know me, big surprise, huh?) and I can see I should have saved them for this library instead of donating them to other places.
- I love how Adriana relates to her readers on her FaceBook page...and how she shares ideas, thoughts, and family recipes with others.
- I am always looking for new recipes and this will give me lots of inspiration.